Thursday, November 11, 2010

How well does the Kinky Curly or Curly Q hair products line work for you?

I am transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair. I have heard about Kinky Curly and Curly Q products, but I want to know how it works for other people with natural hair. The brand's products include a custard, milkshake, moist curls moisturizer, etc. If you have any review or any helpful hints for use of the products, it would be appreciated.How well does the Kinky Curly or Curly Q hair products line work for you?
I have transitioned from a texturizer back to natural or flat-ironed hair. I have a lot of hair which is coarse wavy-curly and I had used kinky-curly products before but had not used curly q and never heard of it. here are my reviews for the kink-curly products:



1) shampoo: very light smell. this is a great natural cleanser. no sulfate which is also great. this is best to use if you put any kind or all kinds of hair styling product on your hair and scalp. cleanses all ';hair gunk'; completely out of your hair and scalp. The only con of this product is that it make your hair squeaky clean, rough and dehydrated. I apply redken's smooth down shampoo to soften and hydrate after it.



2) conditioner: this is a awesome detangler. nice fruity smell. works great with curling custard for elongated curls. You can rinse-out or leave-in. I rinse-out because of my hair being coarse and curly and wavy, I mix redken's smooth down conditioner with it, put a plastic cap and sit for 15-20 mins. then rinse-out thoroughly. both conditioners smooth down my curls and waves.



3) curling custard: I know that each person has different hair textures but there are pros and cons about this product. Pros: Makes very nice curl definition, adds shine, pleasant smell. Cons: dries out hair second day leaving my hair very crunchy, dry and brittle. have to apply water to hair everyday to keep curls along with custard- not good because water along with the custard will continually dry out hair and scalp. the more hair you have, the more heavy it will feel with custard applied. **Only use this product if you do ';wash n' go';** on the daily.



4) pomade- no use. i sort of wasted my money on this. it stated it is supossed to go good with the custard and to apply it on second day to keep curls and sheen. but it does nothing at all. Great cuticle conditioner for my nails and skin though! I don't have the spiral spritz because I don't use spritzes on my hair except if I have wisps or bangs. And the tonic I didn't need because my texture didn't change at all after the texturizer grew out. Well, I am done here and I hope this helps your hair journey! ** God Bless**

No comments:

Post a Comment