Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I turn curly hair into wavy hair without heat?

I have long curly hair, and I don't really want it to be straight, just wavy and smooth. How could I achieve this without a straightener, curling iron, or hair dryer?How do I turn curly hair into wavy hair without heat?
Ok so here is what i do..

its the power of the hairband...

My hair is curly but not super curly but i make it wavier with hairbands.

What i do is before i sleep i tie a bun at the bottom against my neck and let it sit there over night. Or i put it in two low pigtails that rest at my neck and make it semi-tight. What happens is that the stress of the hairband pulling on the top half of your head makes it straighter and therefore wavy instead of curly. Most of the time it is stil a little curly at the bottom but usually it looks good that way :D Yes there will be a slight bump but the bump will be at your neck so it looks normal and it just goes along with the waves. at the end it looks like the top half is wavy and the bottom is slight curly like the models :) works for me everytime and usually all the frizz goes away at the top too





my hair kinda looks like my avatar...as in the bump being toward the neck so it looks normal (mine just doesnt curl up from the bottom it is just slightly curly from the neck down so it looks realy good :)



o and i put no products in my hair at all.. its all natural no creams, gels, hairsprays... just ALL soft redken shampoo/conditioner and my hair stays soft, smooth, and wavy-curly :)How do I turn curly hair into wavy hair without heat?
you could use a relaxing cream or a product that helps you tame your curls.



i have curly hair and i use aveda Be Curly.



it makes my hair less frizzy and more wavy. plus it's all natural and doesn't do any damage.
I have the same problem but with short hair. This is what i do and its really cute. When you get out of the shower in the morning you lightly dry your hair with a towel but make sure its still kind of damp but not to the point were its dripping water. Then take your hands and srunch your hair and wiggle it around. When you got that gave look that you like, take hair spray or gel thats strong hold and put it in your hair, then wiggle it some more to get it just the way you want it and wala. Theres a cute and under 5 minute hair style.
Wash your hair the night before and apply a working product (one that will allow you to shape your hair with fingers) Like http://www.giell.com/Beauty-Effex-Workin



Section hair into 4-6 sections and braid them. Let dry overnight and in the morning use a finishing cream to smooth, defrizz and add shine.Try - http://www.giell.com/product-p/140093.ht



Tip - To avoid the kink from hair elastics secure ends of braids with pieces of wide cut fabric or ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment