Friday, November 19, 2010

I have mostly curly, some wave, and a lot of frizzy hair, what products will work well?

I'm half asian half english. Mom unlike most asians with sleek hair has frizz, pure frizz...and dad he has tight ringlets so i must have taken the worse. Two years ago i had my hair chemically straightened and as it grew i have spent everyday blow drying and ironing it straight. I've decided to leave it curly and had a trim done. I'm suprise though my curls have ';dropped'; slightly. I don't know where to start with products, i have tried redken fresh curls and it doesn't work at all. Is it better for curly haired people to use products that have more natural ingredients or things like redken which are more chemical based? I also use coconut oil..im not sure if thats good for the hair. I prefer the more natural remedies to chemical...i also hear that moisturises designed for african hair may work and i noticed it has more natural ingredients...also any tips on how to make my hair grow faster...really needing your help!I have mostly curly, some wave, and a lot of frizzy hair, what products will work well?
To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel, a leave in cream, and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).

-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (sodium laureth sulfate, sodum lauryl sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, etc.). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.

- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone are examples). Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with cold/cool water.

- Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair with your fingers. Make sure gel is evenly distributed everywhere in your hair. If you use too much you can always scrunch out the crunchy texture later.

- Use paper towels or an old t-shirt to gently scrunch some of the water out (generic towels can make hair frizz). You can either let your hair air dry or wait ten minutes and then use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Dry until your hair is almost dry, and then air dry the last bit. Do not touch the hair while it is air drying or it will frizz!

- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (found at Ulta) or Activate Hydrating Conditioner (found at most drugstores). The combo of products that I use daily is L'Oreal Out of Bed Weightless Texturizer (comes in a black-colored tub) and then Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel or Body Envy Gel, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites. The products I recommended are my personal favorites and contain no silicones or drying alcohols.

- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This may take a couple weeks to begin working. Before you decide to quit shampoo, do a final cleanse with shampoo and stop the use of any products with silicones in them. Hope this helps!I have mostly curly, some wave, and a lot of frizzy hair, what products will work well?
whoaaa you are really cute haha
hair gels/sprays mostly, get em at the salon
TiGi Bed Head
Bed Head After party will do the trick.
Try L.A looks.It helps.
john frieda frizzease serum or garnier fructis leave - in conditioning cream.
insist .
uhmms.. if you want stright hair, your gonna have to stop blowdrying and just let it dry, then straighten .

but you have to have the right products.

sunsilk

ion straightener.

and rusk. it`s a leave in conditionerrr :]
When I get out of the shower I pull conditioner through my hair and leave it to dry with conditioner on. It is so good for keeping it sleek and curly with no frizz.
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Products work the absolute best!
I have the same problem! (And it doesn't really help much that I dye it every two weeks haha). What works for me is Garnier Fructis (Lime green bottles--kinda hard to miss!) Sleek and Shine. I use the leave in conditioner and ';Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum';--both AFTER I use the deep conditioner. I wash my hair every other day too, instead of every day. And don't brush it when its dry--that just makes it poof.
OMG.

Babe, I'm Asian, and I know these problems.

Well if you have a sleek curly hair as you do,

You wanna go with Treseme or Zilone,

Because those work very well.

Also to make your hair feel and look pretty you wanna use

Sunsilk Anit-Frizzy.

I garantee this'll work for you Hun.

Well if you wanna keep in non-greasy I think that

you would look good with Hmm Farera ?

Well just when you take a shower use Sunsilk Anti-Frizzle,

and when you're getting ready to go somewhere

just apply !
My hair is frizzy ... and i use redken outshine polishing milk and it works really well. especially after you straighten your hair. It's gross but mayonaise, egg whites, and olive oil are really good for hair.
I have coarse, wavy, thick, frizzy hair.. and I have tried every expensive/cheap product out there. I use all expensive products on my hair-- EXCEPT my glossing/silicone serum.



It is the best thing I have ever used on my hair, and decently priced. You can get it at sally's beauty supply. It is called ';Beyond The Zone Frizz Zapper Anti-Frizz Oil-Free Glosser'; ..you put it on while your hair is still wet, not after..



It is FABULOUS! There are only a few products that I swear by--and this is one of them. Here is a link to it:



http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/140/1402
aw your pretty! but yeah you should try straighting it...it might take some time to do...but it is easier to handle! and you should use hair spray or hair jell! like go to your local hair salon and buy some there. it might be pricey...but worth it!
after party bed head

i have that and it works great just dont you more than you can handle also the brand big sexy hair works good to
Batia and aleeza Hair gel its a magic

http://www.batiaandaleeza.com/

also try http://www.curlmart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment