Sunday, November 21, 2010

What is the best way to keep curly hair from puffing out?

I have really curly hair and I am sick of it. I can only brush it when its wet. I usually just put it in a ponytail. I like change but I have no idea how else to wear my hair without it getting into a tangled mess and getting it done quicklyWhat is the best way to keep curly hair from puffing out?
I'm right with you on that one(its a hassel). I have curly/frizzy hair and I cut my hair short about a week ago (before it was a lil past my boobs). Now its shoulder length and I'm supeeeer happy with it. Every morning I just leave it natural but put some sunsilk(pink bottle) leave in conditioner. it helps so much!What is the best way to keep curly hair from puffing out?
ok go buy a chi its a really good straightener it like defrizzes hair and straightens it..but its like $100 thats the best i can think of..
I have super curly hair too! It's crazy. Try some curl definer or gel that won't make your hair hard. that's what i use and it generally works. except for those humid days i have to put it up then. oh and i find garnier products work the best on my hair.



also next time you get your hair cut ask them to cut it in a way that it won't poof. or have them thin it. hope it works!
olive oil: http://www.amazingoliveoil.com/olive-oil



a deep conditioner should help too and you can make your own at home: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/hair.html



(garnier fructis products have a lot of chemicals in them that are bad for your hair and bad for your health :: just because a product makes your hair soft and shiny doesn't mean it's good for your hair!)
I hate to tell you this...unless you want to spend ALOT of time and money...there's not alot to do with super curly hair. It really depends on the amount of curl and the length as to the ease of style...and of course texture does play a part...Sorry not to be of better help...
Ok, I was in the same situation. It sounds like your hair is frizzy, thats why its puffing out. Here are the options:

1.) This is what i do. Take your hair and wet the entire thing. Then, brush it. Add Mousse and comb through with fingers. Then flip hair over and wrap it with a towel or use a hairdryer. Then spray with anti frizz hairspray. This lasts so you dont have to fix it everyday. After a while, you dont even have to put mouse in it.

2.) If you must, you can straighten it. Make sure you DONT buy a straightner that uses steam or straightens your hair when wet. It helps if you buy anti burning cream to put on your hair before you straighten it. Then, put anti frizz spray on it.

3.) Braid it and then spray.

4.) Put it into an 'interesting' ponytail. Take two parts of your hair, put them in ponytails. Then a third of the way down the hair, combine the ponytails into one. Or whatever else, you get the idea.

But in your situation, make sure whatever you do put anti frizz spray in it.

Hope I helped!

HaleyLauren

No comments:

Post a Comment