Friday, November 19, 2010

How can i straighten my curly, ethnic hair?

Because i am of Somali origin, i have really curly hair that i find easy to manage. However, i really find it difficult to straighten my hair. I have no experience in straightening hair and i am sick to death with having to spend hours trying to tame my overly curly locks.



Does anyone know any way of straightening curly hair that is both inexpensive and long-lasting?How can i straighten my curly, ethnic hair?
Hi even though I love my GHD straighteners, if your hair is that curly, you will have to be using them too often, which will be very damaging for your hair,so you need different advice, for your hair, and to make sure you keep your hair healthy and strong, go try this website. www.healthytextures.com



Healthy Textures is a site for black woman, who want to have healthier and stronger hair . It gives advice on all aspects of black hair care, Straightening without direct heat, Relaxing , Healthy Hair Practices for achieving,stronge, longer, healthier hair. Various How To Pages .How To protect hair, if using heat or chemical relaxers,



Hair Product Reviews, Video Tutorials, on Wrapping, and Roller Setting., Hair Growth Advice. Advice on Hair Breakage. Stretching Relaxers, Natural Hair, Hair Styles ,



Some woman have their own pages where they show their progress, and write about the products they use, and whats working for them . There is alot of help,advice and information here. Take a look. Their very friendly and helpful



http://healthytextures.ning.com/How can i straighten my curly, ethnic hair?
my friend got a permanent straightening thing done at the hair salon... but after 6 months it stops looking so good.. i have ethnic curly hair myself and i used to hate it.. but after a while i really learned to love it.. curls are really pretty :) you can buy hair products that keep the curls but take out the frizz... but just keep the curls..
Sorry - can't help - as I've just paid a fricking fortune to have my poker straight hair turned into curly locks!



(I've gone for the Ryan Sidebottom tumble, but with a fringe - and it's gorgeous!)
Use GHD straightners, one of the very best straightners on the market! Cost you about 拢100 though
you need to buy a hair relaxer and you need to top it up every eight weeks. In between relaxing sessions you must keep your hair deep conditioned x2 a week and always let it dry naturally. You can choose whether you want scrunch it up into loose curls or when dried use straightening irons on it (always use heat protection)
Round-brush your hair dry with a blow dryer and round-brush, than go over your hair with a straightner, thats it. Make sure you apply a moisturizer and heat protectant before starting otherwise you can damage your hair.

Remember that straightening your hair on regular basis can permanately distort your curl pattern.

The first person was right, a GHD or CHI flat iron are your best bet!
I agree with Chelsea... KEEP YOUR CURLS%26gt;%26gt;



I have a hair very similar to yours and have learned to love my curls... I went out on Wednesday and bought a straightener... it looked bad when I straightened it.... I then went back and bought mousse, gel, hairspray, wide toothed comb... and now it looks beautiful....



my trick:

wash hair while brushing with wide toothed comb

CONDITION - curly hair gets dry fast!

Don't towel dry%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;

Just shake it out ring out extreme dampness

Mousse, gel

Let dry for a bit %26gt;%26gt; until just damp

Hairspray, style as you wish



IF you still feel the need to kill your curls, please listen when I say don't chemically straighten%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; just buy a straightener...



I know tons of girls who have straightened their hair chemically (relaxed), trust me it just makes it look nappy and ugly... you will look like you've got nappy hair instead of beautiful ethnic locks.

No comments:

Post a Comment