Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I control the frizz when wearing my hair curly and natural?

I'm biracial ( a mix of black and white ) and it definitely shows in my hair. I've tried wearing it curly and I just can't find anything that keeps it from becoming a frizzy mess. I'm okay with straightening for now but with summer approaching I need to figure out something since I won't be able to straighten it every time it gets wet. Are there any products or techniques I should be trying?

Thanks in advance :)How can I control the frizz when wearing my hair curly and natural?
Here are some frizz tips for you!



* A good haircut is key (find an expert here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

* Sleep on a satin pillowcase

* Don't shampoo every day

* Comb conditioner through hair in the shower

* Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead

* Air dry or use a diffuser

* Use styling products suited for your hair type (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

* NEVER use a brush

* Don't touch your hair

* A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

* Apply styling products to dripping wet hair



Check out http://www.naturallycurly.com for lots of great info about curly, wavy, kinky and textured hair!How can I control the frizz when wearing my hair curly and natural?
use frizz serum and a leave-in conditioner. its what i do too
Serum is the best, you can apply it when it is wet but also you can tame the stray frizzys after its dry
There's a product out there that works wonders. It's called Chi and is a silk infuser. When you get out of the shower, out a dime sized amount in your palm, work your hands together, and finger through your hair tips. It makes my best friend's hair smooth, unfrizzy, and it smells SO GOOD!!! lol
i have curly hair too and the herbal essences shampoo and conditioner works great on me. I also love bumble and bumble, the john freida collection, pantene and chi. hope i helped :]
Try using ';Garnier Fructis Sleek %26amp; Shine Anti-Frizz Serum';

You can also try using ';Sunsilk De-Frizz Curls Conditioner';

Or you could use ';John Frieda Frizz-Ease Clearly Defined Style Holding Gel';



You can find either one of these choices at Walmart.
I agree with a lot NaturallyCurly is saying, but you can also wash your hair with conditioner and use that more instead of shampoo. Also, you can dry your hair with an old tshirt to minimize frizz. And of course don't brush it! That one was funny. Use a wide-toothed comb and make sure product (conditioner, moisturizer) is in it when combing and that it's WET when you comb through. Comb from the bottom up. Also, you don't need a leave-in conditioner to moisturize, you can just use regular conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment