Friday, November 19, 2010

How do i decrease the volume in my Really curly hair?

My hair is extremely curly and i don't know what product to use that would keep the curls in and minimize the volume i get when it drys. I already use hair products that define curls, but maybe i should just switch to something like a relaxer?? Also I'm only 14 so is there any cute hair style i could do with curly hair that you might know about? Thanks a lot!How do i decrease the volume in my Really curly hair?
A good cut is the best way to get the poof under control. If you go to a salon and tell them to take the bulk out of your hair (thin it out), they can usually do so without you having to lose too much of the length. Longer hair is heavier, so it weighs down the curls and decreases volume.



I have the same hair type. I use Queen Helene cholesterol gel on my wet hair, then spray it with hairspray. It feels crunchy, but its not bulky. Use a chemical relaxer as a last resort...its very damaging to hair.



Finally, for styles, curly hair tends to look good as is. However, when the poof is too much for me, I make a deep part of one side, and smooth the hair back into a pony tail at the base of my neck. Brush it so it lies flat on the top of your head. Take the actual ponytail and fluff it up. No gel, just a little hairspray. It looks sleek, but very cute.



Have fun!How do i decrease the volume in my Really curly hair?
Thanks a lot!

Report Abuse


Go to a salon
Hi. My suggestion to you would be to use any type of strong gel to hold the curls in. Another option would be to use mousse or hairspray. If your hair is really curly, you could use hairspray after you put in gel or mousse.
You could try straightening conditioner. The best choice would probably be straightening it. If it's stright it's cute to just wear it down, in a ponytail, or you could just sometimes wave it. Good luck!!!
prob the best way is to go and talk to your hir dresser, and buy a pair of thinning scissors.

that way you can do it yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment