Friday, November 19, 2010

How do you make naturally curly hair lay flat and make it not bulky or frizzy?

I have naturally curly hair from my dads side - an African

and think hair from my mother. I have tried everything- from chemically straightening to thinning ( im getting more off on the 3rd ) but nothing really seems to work. Is there an inexpensive way to make my hair gorgeous curls without it being pretty but too much of it aka: HUGE?!How do you make naturally curly hair lay flat and make it not bulky or frizzy?
when you straighten, curve the straightener down a little, not enough to make a huge curve, then just straighten the ends once you are done to remove the dent from the straightener. also, using a heat styling product in your hair will prevent damage from the over-use of heat. Try Matrix vavoom gold heat spray, it's absolutely amazing on hair and smells great.l I am in cosmetology school and we use this all the time and never have any frizz. you can find it at Sally's beauty or online.How do you make naturally curly hair lay flat and make it not bulky or frizzy?
Trust me --- check out this website: www.biracialhair.org.



The woman who created it has done her research, that's for sure! She shows you where she started with her own hair (an overprocessed, frizzy, colored, dry mess) and where she is today. Gorgeous curls down to her waist. She has tons of excellent product advice, step by step instructions for how to define your curls and style hair, tips on how to restore and/or regrow hair, before and after pics, etc.



I hope this is helpful!
Check out http://www.naturallycurly.com for lots of great info about curly hair!



Here are some frizz tips for you!



* A good haircut is key (find an expert here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons

* Sleep on a satin pillowcase

* Don't shampoo every day

* Comb conditioner through hair in the shower

* Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead

* Air dry or use a diffuser

* Use styling products suited for your hair type (http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types

* NEVER use a brush

* Don't touch your hair

* A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

* Apply styling products to dripping wet hair
i have the same problem. i have found that using a serum, like frizzease calms the frizz, and then i use tigi's 'curls rock' line, and i end up with tamer pretty curls, instead of just frizz and mess.
you should try frizzease serum. you know i asked a question similar to this maybe if someone answered you could look at the answers.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?
john frieda hair product

is a product to de frizz your hair

so to pretty much un pouf it and make it nice and flat
I have naturally curly hair. Here's what helped me achieve hair I love!

First, I got it cut to around shoulder length (maybe a bit longer?). Make sure that the hair dresser knows you want your hair to hit there when it's curly, not straight. Get a few layers to help cut down the 'big' and 'poof'.



As for products I TOTALLY reccomend anything John Freida. Here's my hair routine.

I get up a bit earlier and take a morning shower (which I can't really do without, hair wise!). I shampoo every other day, but condition every day. So for a day I shampoo, this is what I'd do.

I'm currently using this Brunette Shampoo by John Freida that's supposed to make my hair shinier, but I haven't noticed anything extra-ordinary, so I'll probably switch back to 'Curl Around Frizz-Ease by John Frieda' Shampoo when it runs out.

Then I squeeze 'excess water out of my hair' like the bottle says and apply 'Curl Around Frizz-Ease Conditioner'. I leave it on for a minute or two, and then rinse out.

My third step in the shower is to use the clear glaze stuff by John Frieda. You should be able to find most of the exact names for this stuff on John Freida's website. This is also supposed to make your hair shinier, and I love this one! It's better for me that the shampoo stuff I tried. I love it. I also squeeze out my hair before using this, and then apply and leave on for threee minutes. After that I rinse out my hair and get out of the shower.



Out of the shower, I towel dry my hair until it's damp, but not soaking wet. Then I put in some John Frieda Extra Strength Serum. This is also 'Frizz-Ease', I think. After that I part my hair.

Then I take the Frizz-Ease John Frieda Spray Gel. I spritz it pretty generously in my hair and then scrunch all about.

Then I let my hair air dry. I guess you could use a diffuser if you had too, but they do add frizz, I believe.



Well, that's my hair routine and I'm loving my curly hair! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment