Sunday, November 14, 2010

How to Style Curly Hair Without it Looking Too Poofy?

I usually straighten my hair but a couple of months ago my hair got extremely damaged and now I have to stop straightening my hair to avoid getting split ends. My hair is thick as hell, wavy/curly and very frizzy. If I just get out of the shower and let it dry naturally, I look like I have a giant afro. Any tips on ';taming'; my hair? A few suggestions on good products would be great too!How to Style Curly Hair Without it Looking Too Poofy?
I have the same problem. I use mousse. It's amazing and works really well. However, be warned, it can make your hair hard.



A good brand that I use it called ';Vive Pro'; which comes in a brown tube-like bottle.



Don't just put it in your hair and scrunch it, take a stand of your hair, then put mousse all long it.



It works best when you do it from bottom to top. Which means you should probably divide the hair in the back in half, then clip the top piece over your head. Mousse the bottom, then when you are done, do the same to the top.



I have very curly hair, and I have to do that every day to avoid damage. When you mousse your hair, be warned it may take a while to dry.



Trust me, I'm a pro!



Heres a pic:



http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/ex



Spray is optional!How to Style Curly Hair Without it Looking Too Poofy?
I would use painteen. It the kind that says for out of controlled fluff and frizz. That should do the trick. or try herbal esses.
wet your hair, get any kind or srcrunching mousse and put a hand full

and scrunch your hair. it will look nicee. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAtx1ikg

-hoped this helped
embrace it instead of wasting time with a flat iron. Simply allow your hair to air dry, then add your favorite anti-frizz gel, serum or cream to define the waves or curls. If you want more curl, use a round-barrel brush and blow dry smooth curls, or use a large-barreled curling iron for more bounce. For more tousled, wavy hair, come some of the curls out before adding serum or gel.
I too have naturally curly hair. First of all you want to make sure your conditioning it well espiecially te ends. Second always use a heat protection spray if your straightening it. If you want to style it curly work mouse through your hair while its wet comb and try to ensure even coverage. Then use a diffuser to dry your hair if you want it to look natural. If you let it air dry with product in it will have the wet look. Most importantly naturally curly hair is typically dry, so there is no need to wash it everyday. I wash mine only once or twice a week and straighten it, this cuts back on all the heat damage. I don't put much conditioner on the top to avoid it looking greasy mostly just from the nape of the neck down. HTHS
Frizz ease shampoos and conditioners. Also, there's serums and stylers you can use to calm your hair which work really well. If you want to leave your hair curly, I suggest combing a frizz ease finisher through your hair with your fingertips or if you want to straighten your hair, ALWAYS use a heat protecion spray before you straighten it, (that will stop the split ends and enable you to straighten it) and afterwards use a frizz ease styler and comb it through. My suggestion for a really good styler is one from the John Freida Frizz-Ease collection. It should calm your hair down and give you gorgeous looking curls. http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/produ

No comments:

Post a Comment