Thursday, October 21, 2010

Natural African American hair care to maintain twists/curly style?

I have been wearing my hair natural for over a year. I usually twist it while wet and take the twists out once my hair dries. What can I do to keep the twists from frizzing up once I remove them. How do I get more bounce as at times they are kinda stiff. After I wash and condition my hair I use K7 oil moisturizer and tresemme bouncy curls then twist. Once I take them out I put a small amount of olive oil and Shea butter hair moisturizer on my hands rub together and run it lightly over my hair. Please advise.Natural African American hair care to maintain twists/curly style?
you could try to do the twists on dry hair rather than while it's wet. After washing and conditioning, place your hair in a handful of large braids so that the hair stretches while it dries. Try using some type of gel, curling cream, or curling butter on the hair before twisting it. Even cheap products, like ecostyler gel, provide hold. It might also help to moisture and oil your hair BEFORE you take the twists out. I had to learn the hard way that too much manipulation while taking the twists out = FRIZZ! Gently separate the twists to keep the curl together. Also make sure the hair is totally try before you untwist it. Check the ingredients of that tresemme product because that could be a cause of friziness too. HTH





http://www.curlmart.com/

http://beemineproducts.com/

http://oyinhandmade.com/Natural African American hair care to maintain twists/curly style?
have you ever tried twisting the hair while it was dry? i found it makes a big difference in how my hair feels. i washed is and let it partially air dry, then set my blow dryer on cool and fluffed the rest dry and applied some moisturizing lotion and i always do 2 strand bantu knots bc my twist always come aloose and its always soft and fluffy curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment