Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you get your hair curly without it getting poofy?

I see other girls at my school that wear their hair straight one day and the next day its curly and im tired of straigtning my hair everyday. My question is not really what products work best (thought that would be a bonus), but really the technique and such. I have tried putting moose in my hair after i take a shower but its starts to get poofy after my hair dries. I really would appreciate anything.How do you get your hair curly without it getting poofy?
Straight hair comes genetically, but for US people who have puffy hair (me too), we have to stick with hair straightener. However, if you go to a hair salon, then have what is called a permanent hair straightener technique which they apply a hair solution that will keep your hair straight, even after you take a shower! So go check with a hair salon.How do you get your hair curly without it getting poofy?
my hair constantly gets poofy so i braid it as soon as i get out of the shower, blow dry it then take it out. your hair wont be really curly but it still ends up looking nice. i also use leave-in conditioners (there;s a new one from sunsilk thats just amazing! :)
I have naturally curly hair, as well. I straighten my hair about once or twice a month. I find that using a product called ';Frizz Ease';, works best. Also, I use Infusium a leave-in conditioner. I will wash my hair, use the infusium, put in the serum, then blow dry. Then, I use a huge curling iron to mend my ends. I keep my hair straightened for 3 days, without washing it. I find, I can't stand not washing it any longer than that. For additional styles, get a curling iron that is shaped like spiral curls, or a crimping plate that has waves. It's easier than straightening it ever day. I don't know about you, but my hair is all one length past my shoulders, so the process takes at least 2 hours on the first day. Also, if you are straightening your hair in the bathroom after your hot shower, make sure all the steam is out, this makes your hair frizz.
If you want to be able to do both, then don't do a chemical straightening. Blow dry your hair straight and curl with a medium temp curling iron. This helps you control the curl. Another way is to put wet moussed hair on large rollers and letting them air dry(if you have time) this actually works best. The only thing is when you are putting the curlers in DO NOT PULL UP ON HAIR. Always comb down with curly hair when putting in rollers. They will not be right against the scalp but over other hair. This prevents some of the poofies you hate.
Sometimes people straighten it first then they curl it with a curling iron
I think they might be just rich and go to the barberer shop everyday.
Shampoo your hair, put leave in conditioner in and plate your hair. Add something like frizzease to minimize the puffiness before you plate your hair.



Take the plates out after your hair dries do not comb. Separate with your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment