Sunday, December 11, 2011

Can people with curly hair straigten their hair and then curl it?

I have shoulder length curly hair and when I straighten it it is much longer. Prom is this weekend and I really want to curl my hair, but with big smooth curls. Can I straighten my hair and then curl it so that my hair is longer? Or will that not work as well since I already straigtened it? If you have tried before, please let me know how it worked. Also, if you have any other hair ideas for prom, let me know. I'm getting desperate.Can people with curly hair straigten their hair and then curl it?
People do that all the time. It's probably not the best thing to be doing with your hair but if you do it right, I'm sure it will work. Just remember to use heat protection. AND practice doing that to your hair before the big night. You don't wanna try doing something new when you don't know how it will turn out.



Hope this helped!! :)Can people with curly hair straigten their hair and then curl it?
well, straighting your hair would be a waste of time because when you curl it again, it wont stay that length...it will shrink back up
Yeah, you can do that, it'll look great. I always straighten my hair and then use big curling irons to make it look more smooth and perfect. Go for it. Just use a good heat protecting spray.
well idk y not i gess u culd but it wuld takes more time up!!!!

hope i helped,

Kate:)
yeah you can and yes it will work and look much better aswell try it and you will look stunning for your prom =] x.
I have naturally curly/wavy hair. It is VERY hard to curl it once you have straightened it. If you can, go to your stylist and have then do something for you, it would be a lot easier!
I can't. My hair is very, very fine, but naturally curly (ringlets, not corkscrews). When I straighten it (which I do every day), it is nigh impossible to hold curl in it until after I wash it again.



When I curl my hair (which I do a couple times a month), I don't straighten it. I just blowdry it as straight as possible, and then I take my curling iron and curl it in layers and curl it clockwise and then counterclockwise and clockwise and counterclockwise.... with each curl I do. It look incredible after. Definitely worthy of prom.
you have made a break through, yes you always straighten your hair and if you want it curly curl it after. always. i am multi racial and have naturally curly and fluffy hair and what you need to do is start very clean, i mean squeeky make sure all old oil is off, then straighten then in sections curl and bobby pin up when done with whole head let stand an addition 10 to 20 minutes. i never need hair spray but if you hair is ';fine'; when straight and you think you need it spray it. bobby pinning it up while the curls cool will make them stay when your hair drops when hot it doesnt take as well think of it as hot rollers but ten zillion times better because the iron gets hotter and lets face it you need a heavy crome barrel and intence heat for amazing (i mean amazing) curls. let me know how it goes ask how do i thank this brilliant stranger...
You can definitely do that. I know lots of girls in my school do it, but I never have needed to because my hair's not curly. I really would recommend testing the look first, because although it works for most people, my one friend did that look for homecoming and the curls didn't last - it just went back to being straight. I'm pretty sure to make the look last and work you would want to use a heat protector first and then be pretty generous with the hairspray when you're curling it. It must be really damaging, but it is very CUTE!



Oh, if I were a curly girl, I would play up my natural curls for prom. And I mean go for wild curls - like Helena Bonham Carter:



http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploa



Then I would add an accessory to my hair like a small tiara or some gem hair clips. If my hair wasn't long enough to do it I would get some extensions.
You can but I would experiment first. I find that curls generally hold better on curly hair as opposed to straight although this is not always the case. Try curling on your curly hair and then try curling after straightening. Either way I am sure it will look cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment