Sunday, December 11, 2011

Can people with curly hair skip shampoo and just use conditioner?

I have very thick hair that is pretty curly and ive heard before that its best for my texture to skip shampoo. Any one else tried this? How did it work out for you?



Thanks!Can people with curly hair skip shampoo and just use conditioner?
people saying eww no..are wrong.

I can skip shampoo if I want to.

shampoo dries out my hair,and the conditioner makes it soft and renewed.

love your curls!

you can skip shampoo a couple times a week,it won't kill your hair and it won't make it greasy.

trust me,I have thick curly hair too.

by the way,if you hair is hard to comb,get an ouchless brush and then while the conditioner is in your hair,brush it,then rinse.works for me!Can people with curly hair skip shampoo and just use conditioner?
Don't. It makes your hair super greasy.
noo it'll be greesy and all icky

u should use alot of conditioner


ew no!

can you imagine what your hair would look like if you never shampood it and just put conditioner in it!??? it'd would be super greasy in about three days!!
I have very curly hair and I found out that shampoo was the key to the health of my hair. I wold wash and condition every other day. It kept my curls soft and natural. It is essential to use shampoo with very curly hair. Dirt weighs down your hair. Wash it as much as possible.



I gave up on hair styling because my hair was so curly. So instead of walking around looking like Orphan Annie I have dredlocs and I still wash my hair every other day.
gross..no the shampoo is the most important part its what actually cleans your hair. the conditioner just detangles it.
A good idea is to condition every shower and shampoo every other shower. For maximum moisture and healthy curls, after rinsing out all of the product in your hair, take a dab of your conditioner and work it through your hair but leave it in don't rinse it out. Style your hair as usual, spray leave in conditioner, mouse or gel and you'll notice a huge difference!
If it works for you, go for it... but I don't advise never washing it again. I have naturally curly hair, and normally curly hair people gunk up their hair with a ton of products to keep the frizz down, so if this is the case, you'll want to wash it about 3 times a week to remove build up.



Everyone's hair is different. I've always been told to not wash your hair every day, and that 3-4 times is optimum, but I have very greasy hair and must wash it every day. So if you can make it a few extra days not washing it, more power to you. I also deep condition it once a week or twice if I've been in the sun or pool / ocean a lot that week.
People with curly or very wavy hair usually have drier, frizzier hair than people with straight hair. This is because the oil cannot move down the hair as easy. You should brush your hair gently but a lot at least once a day to distribute the natrual oil. It's good to skip washing alltogether whenever you can to give your hair a break. Try only shampooing your scalp, when you rinse it will clean the rest of your hair but without drying it as much. You can also only use conditioner on the ends to keep your scalp from being as greasy. A good 5 minute rinse is better than a shampoo, it's perfectly fine to skip it once in a while, and much healthier for your hair!
  • how to break up with a friend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment